Nowadays, it is rather easy to change the profession and gain qualifications as often as one wants. That’s why it’s important to be on the know concerning the trends on the job market, especially for students who are still looking for a sphere to settle in. This sample essay will be equally useful for both – those who want to know more about the issue and those who write an academic paper on the topic and need some info about it.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has published a report stating that the US economy provided people with 2.06 million jobs during 2017. Although it’s less than in 2016 (2.24 million), it’s still a promising number taking into account the global situation with unemployment. And from analyzing the last year’s situation, some specialized resources are able to predict the trends for the job market for 2018 that might help a great deal of people to focus on the right activities and improve the unemployment rates. That’s why it’s necessary to examine each of the tendencies in detail.
Glassdoor claims that it is essential to pay particular attention to artificial intelligence in the spheres of human resources and finance in 2018. In HR the AI solutions are coming to tackle easy, routine tasks as well as provide assistance in the process of CV sorting or matching the candidates with job offers. In the finance sphere, more and more tasks connected with data analysis and risk management are transferred to AI software and bots because this is a cheaper and more effective solution. What does it mean for the actual employers and those who want to enter these industries? It is significant to learn how to use these AI tools to gain maximum benefits and develop the skills that are still out of the AI’s reach like communication, decision-making, and problem-solution.
Another big trend that awaits applicants in 2018 is the transparent hiring process. More and more employers start using different software that allows the candidates to see every minor change that happens with their application. People will be able to see when the CV is opened, processed, discussed, etc. And this is a great and solid step to a high-quality talent acquisition process.
There is also a tendency of employees being promoted not vertically, but horizontally, and in 2018 employers will be more prepared for such a phenomenon. It is commonly accepted to climb the career ladder upward, but nowadays specialists more often want to move from one position to another, not just change the status and manage teams within the same domain. And companies start developing formal procedures for such cases to satisfy employees with timely solutions and comfortable “migrations” within the organization.
All in all, it is significant to keep up the pace with the changes that take place in different professional spheres. Otherwise, the moment people stop progressing, they will get replaced by more advanced specialists or AI-based software. They are possible to embrace and adapt to – time and efforts are the only things required to be abreast of them.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. (n.d.). Retrieved January 15, 2018, from https://www.bls.gov/
- Ivanova, I. (2018, January 05). Economy adds modest 148,000 jobs in December. Retrieved January 15, 2018, from https://www.cbsnews.com/news/economy-adds-modest-148000-jobs-in-december/
- News, G. (2018, January 08). 5 Big Trends in Jobs for 2018. Retrieved January 15, 2018, from https://www.fool.com/careers/2018/01/08/5-big-trends-in-jobs-for-2018.aspx
- Schawbel, D. (2017, November 04). 10 Workplace Trends You’ll See In 2018. Retrieved January 15, 2018, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/danschawbel/2017/11/01/10-workplace-trends-youll-see-in-2018/
- These 9 strategies can help you retain or find a job in 2018. (2017, December 18). Retrieved January 15, 2018, from https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/earn/these-9-startegies-can-help-you-retain-or-find-job-in-2018/articleshow/62092709.cms
- G. (2017, December 20). Job Market Trends To Watch In 2018, According To Glassdoor Chief Economist. Retrieved January 15, 2018, from https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/job-market-trends-to-watch-in-2018-according-to-glassdoor-chief-economist-300573717.html
- Top Jobs and Career Trends. (n.d.). Retrieved January 15, 2018, from https://www.worldwidelearn.com/online-education-guide/top-ten-job-trends.htm