Is it necessary to follow your dreams? Are all those sacrifices worth your dreams? It is necessary to determine a few essential points on the issue of sacrifices in favor of a dream.
All of us have some dreams. They may be different or completely the same. We reach them in a great variety of ways, which are similar or contrary. Some say that they don’t follow any dreams. Nevertheless, our life goals can be referred to the category of dreams. Students have dreams, and they wish to make them come true. However, the road to this achievement is long and may cost a lot.
An ordinary student has to sacrifice many important things to reach some of their dreams. The main question is whether all those hardships and sacrifices are worth paying them. Being a student is not easy. There are many academic tasks and duties to fulfill. In addition, there is a lot of stress associated with academic progress – the change of scenery when you study at a college, for example. To follow a dream, in this case, may mean too much.
Of course, a lot depends on the dream you have and your possibilities as well as personal traits. Many students dream to buy a car, a modern device, and so on. While achieving their desires, they may lose a lot. The very first thing that occurs to our mind is time. This is a special thing we can have, but can’t keep. Spending time for one goal, you may waste some really important events in your life that will never come back.
Health is another issue. Many students try to combine studying with hard work. They get exhausted and fall ill with various ailments and health deviations. You may come to the point of no return and suffer the rest of your life.
You should consider relations with other people. The lack of communication with your friends, siblings, and other people could be costly. One day you may find nobody beside you.
Your academic achievements should be on the list too. Paying abnormal attention to your dreams will lead you to quite a different way, and you will forget about your academic progress. Many students dropped their studies to bring their dreams to life but failed.
You will definitely hear a tremendous variety of opinions concerning this important matter. A definite group of people would say that you should give up all that you have to reach your dream because it will show your power of will and would make you a complete person. The others may be reluctant to part with some precious things and will never reach what they dream about.
It is up to you to decide. Evaluate what you will lose when achieving your dreams. If it’s worth doing that, then, follow your dream. It is necessary to find the middle ground between your dreams and current possibilities. Study well, get the degree, find the job, and afterward, you may make all of your dreams come true.
- Michelle, Millis Chappel. (2016) 14 Things You Should Give Up Chasing No Matter What Others Say. http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/14-things-you-should-give-chasing-matter-what-others-say.html
- Nancy, Sathre-Vogel (2011). Why do some people live their dreams and others don’t? http://familyonbikes.org/blog/2011/07/why-do-some-people-live-their-dreams-and-others-dont/
- Marie, Forleo (2014). Should You Give Up It All up & Follow Your Heart? Here’s How to Know for Sure. https://www.marieforleo.com/2014/02/go-for-dreams/
- Yashag (2015). 6 Things Every College Student Dreams of Achieving. http://www.topcount.co/%EF%BB%BF-6-things-every-college-student-dreams-of-achieving/
- Catherine, Alford (2017). 11 Reasons Why It’s Important to Follow Your Dreams. http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/11-reasons-why-its-important-follow-your-dreams.html
- Vince, Bertram (2014). https://www.huffingtonpost.com/vince-bertram/pursue-your-dreams-stem_b_4704090.html
- Marc, Chernoff (2010). 10 Lies You Will Hear Before You Pursue Your Dreams. http://www.marcandangel.com/2010/08/30/10-lies-you-will-hear-before-you-pursue-your-dreams/